Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Congratulations 2d Lt. Tamara Clark!

Long Beach Senior Squadron 150 is pleased to announce the promotion of SM Tamara Clark to the grade of 2nd lieutenant. Clark serves as the squadron Communications Officer and also serves as an Assistant Emergency Services Officer. Squadron 150 Deputy Commander 2d Lt. Rommel Anacan said, "2d Lt. Clark has been a great asset to Squadron 150 and this is a well-deserved promotion!"

(L to R) Squadron Deputy Commander 2d Lt. Rommel Anacan, 2d Lt Tamara Clark and Capt. David Powell
(Photo by: Capt. Gary Mathieson)
 When asked why she joined Civil Air Patrol (CAP) Clark said, "I joined the Civil Air Patrol as a legacy to my Grandfather.  He was a member of the Civil Air Patrol... I grew up flying single engine planes with my grandfather every weekend. After the passing of my grandfather ... the Civil Air Patrol has given me an opportunity to immerse myself in the wisdom and experience of men and women just like my grandfather, an opportunity to learn more about aviation, and a chance to serve my country."

Congratulations 2d Lt. Tamara Clark!